Skip to main content

Ice-breaking BDMS!

Hi everyone! I had so much fun in social studies methods today! I got the chance to meet with a BDMS fourth grade classroom and do an enjoyable ice breaker activity with the students to jumpstart our fieldwork program and experience for the "Westward Expansion" unit plan. My fieldwork group and I, the "Social Studies Buddies," created a Google Slideshow introducing ourselves to the students with our Bitmojis and pictures of ourselves so the students could feel more connected to who we are, since we complete this unit plan over zoom rather than in person. For our ice breaker activity, my group and I constructed a "This-or-That" activity where the students chose whether they would rather have this or that! For example, one of the choices on the activity was cheese or pepperoni pizza. The students wrote in the chat which one they would rather have. I enjoyed this activity because it enabled me to learn a little more about the students on a personal level that I will be teaching a lesson to. I look forward to continuing my fieldwork experience with these wonderful students!

Find below pictures of Google Slideshow and 'This-or-That" activity:

This-or-That Activity








Comments