Skip to main content

Digital Generation

In this week's Social Studies Methods class, we discussed all about the digital generation. We started off class by doing a fun activity on Google Slides where we created acrostics of our names on an "About Me" slide. My name is Lia, so for the letter "L," I put loving, for the letter "I," I put imaginative, and for the letter "A," I put adventurous! This was such a fun activity to begin the class! Find picture of my "About Me" slide below.


Next, we began to discuss how technology will impact our futures as teachers. Coming from a Gen Z, I definitely believe that I am pretty up to date on the technology that is used today, but in the future we will have so much more different technology that I might not know about that my future students do. My group and I discussed teaching the digital generation; more specifically the 9 elements of digital citizenship and some characteristics of Gen Alpha. Find a link to the slideshow we created about the digital generation here. I hope to learn all about the new technology introduced to me when it is my time to be a teacher in the future. Incorporating technology, especially in the future generation, in classrooms is so important! Make sure to be tech-savvy everyone!




Comments